I don't have cable, but sometimes when I'm at my friend's house we would watch the Real Houswives of whatever. I'm not gonna lie, I used to like it, but when you pick the show apart it is really, really dumb. These women are not your average housewives.
The definition of a housewife, according to Dictionary.com, is "a married woman who manages her own household, especially as her principal occupation." First of all, there are several "housewives" that aren't even married, so that defeats the whole purpose of being a housewife. Second, several women do have a job, which is how they got rich (rich enough to get on the show). Therefore, "managing their own household" is not their principal occupation. Third, the women that don't work and live off money from whatever, don't actually manage their own household. No, they have nannies take care of their kids, gardeners to make their lawns look nice and prune their roses, and a housecleaner to clean their stuff. What do we watch these women do, then?
Well, we watch them talk to each other about dumb things, and we watch them pretend to care about each other because in reality, we know they don't. When the camera crew takes them aside they tell the audience how much they really do hate so-and-so. Then they all go to some stupid dinner party or something at a country club for who-knows-what, and they start cussing each other out and soon enough they're ripping each others weaves out.
Yeah. Grown women acting like high schoolers.
ugh, they aren't even real housewives. If you're a housewife, you have work to do around the house. Apparently, these women don't live up to their titles, cause they've got drivers, housemaids, and a bunch of other services real housewives can't even afford to pay for.
ReplyDeleteEXACTLY. The Simpsons are so much better.
ReplyDeletehaha, yeah I would watch the Simpsons over the Housewives.Much more realistic.
ReplyDelete