Monday, February 28, 2011

83rd Oscars

After the 83rd (?) Oscars last night, I thought I might talk about them a little.

So I've only seen a few of the movies that were nominated for various awards: Alice in Wonderland, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, How to Train Your Dragon, The King's Speech, The Social Network. Wanted to see Inception and Toy Story 3, but I had only seen Toy Story and not the second one (but I love Disney and Disney-Pixar movies), and I started watching Inception on my friend's iTouch during English but I got like ten minutes in.
      There were mainly three awards I paid attention to and they were: Best Picture, Best Animated Feature (or whatever), and Best Original Score (something like that).
      Okay, anyways, I had wanted The King's Speech to win for best picture, obviously, becuase it was amazing and I'm not sure any of the other one's I had seen had been nominated, other than The Social Network, which was good, but not my favorite.
      I wanted How to Train Your Dragon to win for best score and best animated becuase it was the only one I'd seen in the animated feature category and I liked the score, although the score to The King's Speech was pretty good too. But more on this tomorrow! for I have a test in AP Biology tomorrow, and I have NOT studied yet.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy the King's Speech won, although I didn't see it yet. I have to see it. I saw Inception but I was very confused. The Social Network was good, but it wasn't Oscar worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I love the King's Speech, and the score was great. I didn't see Inception, but I also saw the Social Network and it was good, but its score wasn't even comparable to John Powell's genius in How to Train Your Dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the score from The Social Network. I just like movie scores in general, though.

    ReplyDelete