Tuesday, September 13, 2011

French Doodles

I draw a lot. Which also means I doodle a lot too.

Last week I was mainly doodling the Disney Princess Designer Collection, which is a post I started but didn't finish due to it's sheer awesomeness and my lack of words to describe it and my happiness when it came to the subject. This week it's more simple, cutesy stuff.

Yesterday I drew a couple cats and a dog in my math (calculus) binder, and today I drew another cat in my French binder, which rooms with my calculus papers. But the main focus of my doodling time in French class was spent drawing Toothless, from How To Train Your Dragon. I learned how to draw him this weekend.

I love How To Train Your Dragon (from now on, I will abbreviate it as HTTYD). I saw it in theaters when I came out, and I didn't really appreciate as much as I did now. Well, let's start at the beginning. Before it came out, I thought it sounded kind of stupid, partially because the name wasn't particularly appealing. When it came out, I thought it was pretty cool. I think I saw it in 3D. Sometime after that I got part of the soundtrack and I was all "OMG THIS IS AMAAAAZING!!!!" but more about the score later. After that is when I started to really like the movie, and, over time, I've come to absolutely love it. I'll probably do a whole post or two dedicated to the movie.

Anyways, Toothless is the main, black dragon. He is adorable. Just, incredibly round-faced and no-fangs and smooth and all-around cute. The animator who designed Toothless also designed Stitch from Lilo & Stitch; you can easily see the resemblance.

So yeah, pretty much on my French warm-up there's a picture of an adorable flying dragon and a cat. :D


This is Toothless.



This is Stitch. See the resemblance?

No comments:

Post a Comment