Saturday, September 17, 2011

Two Weeks In (Hardly)

Weekly update on my life! Yay!

I wasn't really able to post at the later part of the week because schoolwork started to get out of hand after Wednesday. Monday and Tuesday were cool, I was able to make it to the gym on the latter day and felt pretty awesome. Wednesday was a band rehearsal from 5-8, which was an hour less than last week's. Still, it impacted my homework situation and I went to bed at one in the morning, which made me really sleepy the next day (although, thankfully, I didn't fall asleep in class). I was pretty lethargic in French, and I hadn't even finished the homework from the night before :\. That night I had a ton of trouble with the last couple problems of my AP Chem homework and I was getting really frustrated that I had gotten a couple of the questions wrong, because I really need to be on top of that class when things got hard. I went to bed pretty late, again, and came to class early to ask about the problems. It turns out I had been setting up the formula wrong the whole time.

Band this week was cool, rehearsal and a Friday night football game. It was supposed to be a home game but the field wasn't availiable (thank goodness, or we would have had to perform the field show). Since we were playing Samo (Santa Monica HS) they decided to host it, but since their field is being redone, it was held at SMC, the local community college. We lost, of course, but I had fun, and we got to meet the Samo band. They're really good, as I've heard. It was a really nice way to end a stressful second week.

Today I went to the gym and got some food from Trader Joe's and did homework. :)

Oh and I've decided to have a Song of the Week, which features a song (Disney, score, or not) that pertains to my life somehow or is just something I've listened to 1.942867350 x10^6 times (thanks, AP Chem). It may be something important or something I find meaning in or something catchy or something I really like for reasons I am unable to explain. If anyone wants to know why I chose that particular song I'm willing to tell you, but I'm not going to go all analytical over it here.

Song of the Week (1)

Since I started this thing this week I should do one for last week too. Last week's song is Part of Your World (Reprise) from The Little Mermaid on Broadway.



Song of the Week (2)

Song of the Week for the second week of school is I Won't Say I'm in Love from Hercules. Most everyone loves this song. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment