Okay I only have about ten minutes to write this so let's see what I can get done.
Honestly, I don't remember the actual day. I woke up as usual, got ready for school, and walked there with my dad and my brother. I was not a child who often watched the news and kept up with current events; it's probable that mine (and others') parents didn't want us to see the World Trade Center burning and then crashing to the ground. Perhaps I saw adults acting different, perhaps I didn't notice, but I have no memory of that.
However, I do remember sometime shortly after a boy at my table telling me a plane had crashed into a building. I asked him to repeat it several times because I could not understand why a plane had crashed into a building. I think that at that time I was too young to understand and thought the plane had crashed on accident, which I still couldn't comprehend. I don't know how long it took for me to realize it was on purpose, it was a planned terrorist attack, it was at the World Trade Center, etc.
I've thought this several times before, and even last year's history teacher has told us, that we are the last generation to actually remember 9/11. Anyone younger than us is too young to have remembered that day in 2001, and even I can barely recall those vague memories.
Never Forget.
No comments:
Post a Comment