Well, with a song, yes. With a man, no.
So I was watching Cinderella late at night a little over a month ago and it was at the point in the movie where she's dancing with the Prince out in the courtyard and they sing that little duet. It was one of those instances where you suddenly realize OMG THIS IS THE BEST SONG EVER!!
If you don't know what I'm talking about, try this:
Isn't it beautiful?
I had forgotten about it until tonight, but then I came home from band camp and listened to it once and I CAN'T STOP!!
What first got my attention was the style; this song is so incredibly fifties. If you've ever listened to "old" music, you'd know what I mean. Cinderella's voice is light and somewhat dreamy, as if she's dancing on a cloud instead of in the courtyard; but her voice also sounds a bit muffled and unclear (due to the recording equipment people used back then, I would assume). I don't mind that it sounds a tad muffled because that just adds to the to the effect (although I don't think they were planning for it to sound that way), it just reminds me of an old LP. And the male vocals have that light, sweeping feeling reminiscent of the 50's. Overall, very dreamy.
The harmonies of the duet work together perfectly and when you listen to it you feel like their voices are detached, they're that dreamy. Not in a bad way, in a good way. It seems like their bodies are dancing and singing separately, but they just don't notice either one. Like when you're just staring into someone else's eyes...and you can't...possibly...look...away...ever.
And the way they dance through the courtyard and the gardens and over the bridge (like "Bella Notte" from Lady and the Tramp!) not even noticing the night flying away is just so incredibly, beautifully romantic.
This song is so amazing it actually makes you feel like you're in love. Or at least that you want to dance. Perfect, graceful steps across an imaginary dance floor on a cloud, staring into eyes that lock your own, making it impossible to look elsewhere. To the point where you don't even know you're dancing anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment