Yes, I have finally cut my hair short.
As a child, I wanted to be Rapunzel, so I let my hair grow long. Whenever my parents said "Rapunzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!" I tipped my head back, making my hair slightly longer. I let it be long, but in middle school, I started trimming it more often and instead of going all the way down to my butt, it went to lower-back and then mid-back.
And I knew I'd cut it short and donate it, I just wasn't sure when. About a month ago, I got bangs (straight-across bangs) just to see how they looked. Today, I went into the salon and got my hair straightened and then cut. If I had straighter hair and the right kind of face, I'd get something shorter, but I'm fine with the way my hair turned out. It's to my shoulder, a little longer in the front than in the back. I'm just worried about keeping it straight without using chemicals or heat, because I don't want to ruin my hair. I'm open to any suggestions.
SPOILER (Tangled)
And just to connect this to a Disney movie, anyone who's seen Tangled would know Rapunzel's hair is cut at the end, so Mother Gothel doesn't use it. Her beautiful, magical, 70 foot long (stick-straight) hair is cut pixie short by Flynn. Although mine is actually several inches longer than hers. More like Mulan's hair when she cuts it. Then again my long hair was nowhere near as nice as either Mulan's or Rapunzel's to begin with.
Well, hopefully my hair won't curl too much.
No comments:
Post a Comment