Picking up from where I left off before, I didn't really know much about Disney movies until about two years ago when I got this laptop and discovered that a lot of people have put Disney movies on YouTube in ten minute sections. That's when I started watching them. I don't know how long it took for me to memorize every single word of Part of Your World, A Whole New World, and I Won't Say I'm In Love, but it wasn't very long. I also went to Disneyland that summer, for the first time I can remember.
This past Christmas I got three CDs from the Disney store, three volumes of Disney's Greatest Hits (not Disney starlets, from actual movies) and I know the words to the majority of the popular songs. My obsession with the whole thing intensified around the beginning of April. It's really hard to explain— I mean really, really complicated. I can't even find the words for it now.
I also can't remember when I started listening to the score to the movies in addition to the songs. If I could remember when it would probably help, but I simply can't remember. All I know is that Alan Menken has done an amazing job composing the music for the majority of the Disney Renaissance movies. I've also learned to draw some of my favorite characters: Ariel, Briar Rose, Belle, etc. My dream job would be to be an animator at Disney studios and bring back hand-drawn animation.
Essentially, I love just about everything about Disney movies. Sorry my post is so scatter-brained.
No comments:
Post a Comment